I’ve always loved potato salad. In fact, I’m pretty sure that when I was little, it was my favorite food. So on a hot and lazy summer day, nothing sounds better than this lovely, cold, creamy, rich, and savory salad. Fortunately, this is an easy recipe to make.
Be sure to plan ahead because you need to make this potato salad the day before you’re gonna eat it. Allowing extra time for the flavors to blend is well worth it because the returns on that investment are AMAZING!
- 2 pounds russet potatoes, cooked, peeled, and chopped into ½ inch cubes
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- ½ cup green onions, chopped (about 4)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle juice or vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- ¼ cup mayonnaise (optional)
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large mixing bowl, combine chopped potatoes, celery, and green onion.
- Whisk together mayonnaise, pickle juice, salt, sugar, and pepper, in a small bowl. Pour over the potato mixture, and gently stir completely. Cover and refrigerate overnight, allowing the potatoes to marinate in the dressing. They will soak it up.
- Just before serving, check to see how dry the potatoes are. Combine ¼ cup mayonnaise with whipping cream, (or if you prefer, just use the cream).
- Add chopped eggs to the salad, and toss with the cream/mayonnaise mixture.
- Serve immediately.