Today strawberries are on sale at the grocery store, and I know just what to do. Sarah is here with me, and we’re going to make a pie. It’s a perfect dessert for summer because it’s cool and light. It’s also the perfect color for a Fourth of July picnic. … just sayin’ …
Sparkling Fresh Strawberry Pie
Write a review
- 1 baked 9 inch pie crust, cooled
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, mashed
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup lemon/lime soda
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- Whipped cream
- Arrange 4 cups strawberry halves in pie crust.
- Mix water and cornstarch into a thin paste.
- Combine mashed berries, sugar, and lemon/lime soda in a medium sauce pan. Over medium heat, bring to a boil stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to low. Slowly drizzle cornstarch mixture into sauce pan with strawberry mixture. Turn heat up to medium high, and stirring constantly, bring back to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Slowly pour mixture over strawberries in the pie crust. Allow to cool, and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Serve with whipped cream.
White Apron Blog http://whiteapronblog.com/