Chewy Lemon Cookies
Write a review
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- ¼ teaspoon lemon oil (optional, but use it, if you have it)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups flour
- Sparkling sugar, additional granulated sugar, or extra lemon zest for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place silicon mats or parchment paper on baking sheet, or grease them.
- Combine flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda in a mixing bowl, and whisk together.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, and whip for 3 minutes. Add vanilla, lemon juice, and zest. Mix well.
- Stir in dry ingredients, and mix just to incorporate.
- Roll a heaping teaspoon of dough into a ball, and drop it onto prepared baking sheet. Using the flat bottom of a glass, dipped in sugar, lightly smash each ball. Sprinkle with sparkling sugar, regular sugar, or lemon zest, if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 9-11 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for 3 minutes in the pan before transferring to cooling rack.
White Apron Blog http://whiteapronblog.com/
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place silicon mats or parchment paper on baking sheet, or grease them.