I’m in awe of the colors that are found in nature. Fruits, vegetables, flowers, trees, etc are the most varied and gorgeous colors. My eyes love to look at them, and I can’t take enough photos of them. We live in a beautiful world, and man just can’t duplicate what God has created!
Today, when I was shopping for groceries, something new caught my eye.
I’d never seen these varieties before, and I wanted to try them. So I rushed home to make a salad. The wonderful thing is that the flavors of fresh foods are as varied as the colors. There’s so much beauty to see and taste, and I had an idea for a salad that I’ve been wanting to make.
So here’s what I did.
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, sliced into ribbons
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12 ounces bow tie pasta
- 1 cup cooked, cooled corn
- 1 cup cooked, cooled broccoli
- 1 cup cooked, cooled colored cauliflower
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup shredded carrot
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, diced
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, sliced into ribbons
- Freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients, and set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Run under cold water, and drain well. Allow to cool completely. Then transfer to a large bowl
- Add corn, broccoli, cauliflower, tomatoes, carrots, mozzarella, basil, and lemon-oil dressing to the pasta. Toss to combine, and sprinkle with salt and fresh pepper, if desired.