Our son-in-law, Ryan, cooked this for us the other day, and it’s delicious! Our daughter found the recipe at kevinandamanda.com. Which, it turns out, got it from the Pioneer Woman’s blog. There’s a reason why it’s been done a few times, and that’s because IT’S DELICIOUS! Have I mentioned that it’s delicious? I’m not sure that the pictures do it justice, so you’ll just have to trust me until you try it for yourself. … It’s delicious.
You can cook the chicken on the grill, but since I live in Las Vegas, and today, the outside temperature is roughly about the same as the surface of the sun, I sauteed it in my nice cool kitchen.
It turned out great! The chicken is moist and flavorful, and the sauce is rich and savory. … Plus, it’s a fairly simple meal to make. So, here you go.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Montreal Steak seasoning
- 12 ounces penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh, chopped basil leaves
- Place chicken breasts in a zipper bag, and pound to even thickness. Season both sides with Montreal Steak seasoning.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat, lightly oil grate, and grill chicken breasts on medium high for 6-8 minutes per side. OR ~ Heat 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken breasts and cook 5 minutes per side. Set chicken aside.
- In a large skillet (if you used one to cook the chicken, you can use it for this... no washing necessary.) over medium heat, melt remaining(1 tablespoon) butter with remaining (1 tablespoon) olive oil. Add minced garlic, and cook,stirring frequently, until tender (about 1 minute). Don't let it burn. Add chicken broth, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, and allow to reduce by half. Stir in tomato sauce and cream, and season with salt and pepper. Allow to simmer on low heat until pasta is ready.
- In a large pot, boil water with 1 tablespoon salt. Add penne pasta noodles, and boil according to package directions. Drain, and add to sauce. Sprinkle with fresh chopped basil and parsley.
- Slice chicken and serve on a bed of sauce and noodles.