One of our neighbors (Linda Eliason) brings this yummy sweet and chewy chex mix to our house every Christmas. We look forward to it. However, sometimes Christmas is just too far away, and we don’t want to wait.
So we got her recipe, and whipped some up for ourselves. It’s easy to make, and because it’s chewy and crunchy plus sweet and salty, it’s so satisfying to eat. An added bonus is that it makes a really large batch. … which is really good because … it’s kind of addicting. We polished off a whole batch in just a few days.
Easy Step-By-Step Instructions for Sweet and Chewy Chex Mix
Free Printable Recipe for Sweet and Chewy Chex Mix
- 8 cups Corn Chex Cereal
- 9 cups Golden Grahams Cereal (12 ounce box)
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 2 cups roasted, salted almonds, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup butter
- Combine cereals in a large bowl.
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan.
- Stir in sugar, and corn syrup, and cook to a soft ball stage.
- Pour candy over cereal and toss. Add coconut and nuts, and toss again.