I like pork chops, and I like quick and easy dinners. This recipe gives me both of those things. These chops are ready to go into the oven in just a few minutes, and they’re really tasty. Make sure the meat is at room temperature before you start to brown it, and it will stay tender and moist. In the spirit of quick and easy, I’m gonna keep this post short and get those pork chops in the oven.
Baked Pork Chops in Barbecue Sauce
Write a review
- 4 (½ inch) pork chops
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Sea salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, over medium high heat, brown the pork chops in 1 tablespoon oil. (2-3 minutes per side)
- Transfer to greased 13 x 9 inch baking pan, and sprinkle both sides with onion and garlic powders, salt, and pepper.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake 45 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Remove foil, and top each chop with 1-2 tablespoons of barbecue sauce.
- Bake another 15 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with additional sauce, if desired.
White Apron Blog http://whiteapronblog.com/