We’ve been making these soft, delicious cookies for years. I think my mom got the recipe from her sister, Marlene, when I was a kid. (A shout-out and a “Thank You” to Mom and Aunt Marlene!) Anyway … I love them. I crave them. They’re super easy to make because the cookies only require three ingredients and the filling requires four. I usually keep a devil’s food cake mix in my pantry and cream cheese in my fridge so that I’ll be prepared whenever the need for these delicious treats arises.
Soft “Oreo” Cookies
Write a review
- 1 Devil’s Food Cake mix
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened (not melted)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs with and unsalted butter. Add cake mix, and mix just until combined.
- Roll into 1-inch balls and place 2 inches apart on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8 minutes.
- Cool for 2 minutes in the pan. Then transfer to wire racks, and cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all filling ingredients and whip until smooth.
- Spread or pipe onto the bottom of half of the cookies.
- Place another cookie on top of the filling.
- Makes 24 (3-inch) cookies or 12 sandwiches
White Apron Blog http://whiteapronblog.com/