This chicken was a regular dinner item while my children were growing up. It’s easy to make, I always have the ingredients on hand, it’s nutritious (a lot better for you than deep fried chicken), and my kids love it. I remove the skin, which makes it even better for you, but you can leave it on.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 8 chicken thighs or legs
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- ½ cup canola oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a large baking pan with foil. Pour oil onto foil, and place in oven as it preheats to 400 degrees.
- Skin chicken, if desired.
- Combine flour, garlic salt, paprika, black pepper, and poultry seasoning in a shallow bowl.
- Whisk milk and egg together in a small bowl.
- Dredge chicken pieces in flour mixture, dip in egg mixture, and coat again in flour mixture.
- Place pieces, into hot oil in foil-lined pan. Return to oven.
- Bake for 25 minutes, turn over, and bake another 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving.