I first tried this salad in 1991. We were living in North Carolina, and visiting with our friends, The Chavis family, for Easter. Connie made this salad for Easter dinner, and we loved it. From that year on, it has become a family tradition. We’ve eaten it for Easter dinner every year. It’s fresh, delicious, and easy because you make it the day before~ such a bonus when you’re preparing a big holiday dinner. Plus, it reminds me of those wonderful years in North Carolina and our dear friends. Thanks, Connie!
Start by making the dressing.
Layer the salad as follows:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¾ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 head lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces (approximately 16 ounces torn pieces)
- 4 green onions, chopped
- ½ cup chopped green pepper
- ½ cup frozen green peas, thawed-NOT cooked
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- ¼ pound bacon, fried and crumbled
- Whisk dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Layer all ingredients in the following order ~ 1 lettuce ~ 2 green onion ~ 3 green pepper ~ 4 peas ~ 5 dressing ~ 6 eggs ~ 7 bacon.
- Cover and refrigerate over-night. I prefer to add the bacon to the top just before serving so that it stays crispy.