Toffee Crackers will hit all your buttons! They’re sweet and salty … crunchy and chewy … chocolate and caramel … and nutty. Whatever you’re craving, these little beauties will cover it. They’re easy to make, and come together quickly. The only waiting is for the chocolate to harden, but even that goes quickly in the fridge. If I make these before dinner, they’ll be ready about 30 minutes after we finish eating. That’s just about perfect timing.
Easy Step-By-Step Instructions for Toffee Crackers
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Free Printable Recipe for Toffee Crackers
Write a review
- 48 saltine crackers
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup roasted salted almonds, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking pan with parchment, and cover it with the crackers.
- Melt butter in a two quart pot and add brown sugar. Stirring constantly, boil 3 minutes.
- Drizzle butter/sugar mixture over saltines, and spread evenly to cover all crackers.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 5 minutes or until carmel is bubbly.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Allow to stand until chips melt, then spread chocolate.
- Cover with chopped nuts, and allow to cool completely.
- Once the candy is cool, refrigerate until chocolate is hard. (20-60 minutes)
- Break into pieces and enjoy.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge.
White Apron Blog http://whiteapronblog.com/