I absolutely love this steak salad recipe. I’ve been ordering it at Brio for several years, and I can’t believe how easy it is to make at home. Plus, it’s a lot more economical. The creamy horseradish dressing gives it a great kick, and compliments the steak beautifully. But the thing that takes it over the top, in my opinion, is the balsamic glaze. Buy it wherever you buy balsamic vinegar. It makes this salad really special.
Whenever my husband grills steaks, I have him throw on an extra one. Then I use it the next day to make this salad. Super EASY!
Start by preparing the dressing.
Now prepare the salad.
- 1 pound steak, grilled to desired doneness
- 6 cups romaine, chopped
- 3 ounces mushrooms (8), washed and sliced
- 3 ounces cherry tomatoes (10-12), washed and cut in half
- ½ cup gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup candied pecan pieces
- Balsamic Glaze
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon honey mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Toss chopped lettuce with sliced mushrooms, tomatoes, cheese crumbles, cranberries, and pecans.
- Drizzle with Creamy Horseradish Dressing.
- Slice steak, and arrange pieces on top of salad.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze.
- Whip the cream until stiff peaks form.
- Add remaining ingredients, and mix well.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes before serving.
- Yields 1 ½ cups
- Cover leftovers tightly, and store in fridge.