This vanilla pudding is rich and satisfying! It’s delicious on it’s own, but it also makes a wonderful base for cream pies (banana or coconut or whatever you decide to create).
Vanilla Pudding and Pie Filling
Write a review
- 1cup sugar
- ¼ cup corn starch
- 1 tablespoon flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs (1 whole and 2 yolks)
- 3 cups whole milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat milk in microwave on high power for 3-5 minutes. (Don’t let it boil)
- Combine 1 whole egg and 2 yolks in a bowl, and whisk with a fork until foamy.
- Slowly whisk ½ cup hot milk into eggs.
- Combine sugar, corn starch, flour, and salt in a 3 quart sauce pan.
- Add the rest of hot milk (2 ½ cups) to the ingredients in pan, and whisk constantly. Slowly add egg/milk mixture while continuing to whisk. Bring to a boil, and let cook 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and add butter and vanilla. Allow to sit until butter is melted, then fold together until smooth.
- Transfer to a large bowl, and immediately cover with plastic, allowing the plastic to touch the pudding. This will prevent the pudding from developing a skin. Refrigerate for one hour.
White Apron Blog http://whiteapronblog.com/