This is the recipe that I’ve been making for my family for years. I like it because the pancakes are delicious, and it doesn’t call for any special ingredients. Translation: I always have these ingredients in my house. This one’s a winner.
Write a review
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Heat large skillet over medium heat (about 350 degrees F.).
- Combine flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- Microwave milk to bring to room temperature (20-30 seconds).
- Whisk in egg, butter, and vanilla.
- Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients, and whisk just until mixed.
- The batter should pour, not glug. Add additional milk, if necessary, but be careful. If it’s too runny the pancakes will be flat.
- Right before cooking, generously grease the griddle. Give it a few minutes to return to a uniform temperature, and cook pancakes 2-3 minutes per side.
- Serve hot.
- Yields 8-12 pancakes
White Apron Blog http://whiteapronblog.com/