This is an old stand-by in our home. My children requested them on a regular basis. Now they’ve become a special occasion treat. I really like them with vanilla syrup, but they’re always wonderful with maple syrup, as well.
Preheat griddle over medium heat to 350 degrees F. Warm milk in microwave 20-30 seconds until it’s room temperature.
Apple Cinnamon Pancakes
Write a review
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce or grated apple
- Heat large skillet over medium heat (about 350 degrees F.).
- Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder.
- Microwave milk to bring to room temperature (20-30 seconds).
- Whisk in egg, butter, and vanilla.
- Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients, and whisk just until mixed.
- Stir in apple sauce or shredded apple.
- The batter should pour, not glug. Add additional milk, if necessary, but be careful. If it’s too runny the pancakes will be flat.
- Right before cooking, generously grease the griddle. Give it a few minutes to return to a uniform temperature, and cook pancakes 2-3 minutes per side.
- Serve hot.
- Yields 8-12 pancakes
White Apron Blog http://whiteapronblog.com/