Combine diced potatoes, celery, onions, and salt in a 3 quart covered sauce-pan.
While the vegetables are simmering, heat the milk in the microwave for 4-5 minutes on high. Watch that it doesn’t boil. Then …
Write a review
- 2 cups potatoes, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 14 ounce can chicken broth
- ¾ cup butter
- ¾ cup flour
- 2 cup half and half
- 4 cups milk
- 1 ½ teaspoons sea salt
- 2 (7.5 ounce) cans minced clams with juice
- Combine diced potatoes, celery, and onions in a 3 quart pot, and cover with chicken broth. If the vegetables aren’t completely submerged, add just enough water to completely cover.
- Sprinkle with ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Cover pot with lid, and bring to a boil.
- Simmer 10-15 minutes, until tender.
- Heat milk in microwave for about 5 minutes to speed up the process.
- Melt butter in large pot over low heat.
- Add flour and 1 teaspoon sea salt, and whisk together.
- Stirring constantly, pour in hot milk and half and half. Turn heat to medium high, and continuing to stir constantly, heat until thick and just about to boil.
- Pour in vegetables and chicken broth.
- Add clams and juice.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and fresh ground pepper.
White Apron Blog http://whiteapronblog.com/