Nothing says “I love you” like a delicious, homemade cookie. These cookies are sweet, but a tiny bit salty. They’re soft, and the frosting is buttery and wonderful. I’ve made a LOT of different recipes, and these are still my favorite! You just can’t improve on perfection!
Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt, and mix well with a fork.
Be My Valentine Sugar Cookies
Write a review
- 1 cup butter ~ softened
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 3½-4 cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup softened butter
- ¼ cup half and half (at room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 3-4 drops of food coloring (optional)
- sprinkles or decorations
DIRECTIONS FOR COOKIES
- Mix together flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar with a fork.
- Cream butter and shortening together.
- Beat in eggs, cream, and vanilla.
- Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add dry ingredients to wet, and mix just long enough to combine.
- Chill for at least 2 hours,
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roll out thin, and cut.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 5 minutes.
DIRECTIONS FOR FROSTING
- Combine sugar, butter, half and half, salt, and vanilla, and beat until fluffy.
- Add food coloring, if desired.
- Spread on cookies.
- Refrigerate cookies for an hour after frosting.
- Store in fridge.
White Apron Blog http://whiteapronblog.com/