These make wonderful appetizers, snacks, or a side dish. Sometimes, I just eat them as a meal. YUM!
Write a review
- 1 baguette (sliced in ½ inch slices)
- ¼ cup butter (softened)
- 1 clove garlic (cut in half)
- 6-8 fresh tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon minced basil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Dice the tomatoes.
- Combine the sugar, salt, pepper, olive oil, and vinegar in a mixing bowl, and whisk.
- Add the diced tomatoes and basil, and stir to coat.
- Slice the baguette, or have them do it for you at the bakery.
- Butter both sides of each slice, and place them on a baking sheet.
- Warm them in 350 degree oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove and immediately rub each slice with garlic.
- Top each slice with the tomato mixture.
White Apron Blog http://whiteapronblog.com/