This is a delicious way to use that leftover holiday turkey and gravy.
Turkey Pot Pie
Write a review
- 2-3 cups cubed leftover turkey
- 2 cups leftover gravy (or canned gravy)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 2 large potatoes cubed
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth – reserve ½ cup
- salt and pepper to taste.
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 packet dry turkey gravy mix (approximately .87 ounce)
- 1 pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a baking dish.
- Sauté the onion, celery, and carrots in butter.
- Add garlic and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add potatoes, and all but ½ cup of broth, and bring to a boil.
- Boil for 8-10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add peas and boil 1 minute more.
- Whisk flour, cornstarch, and gravy mix with the reserved broth, making sure all lumps are dissolved.
- Stirring constantly, add flour paste to the vegetables and broth, and boil for 2 minutes.
- Add leftover gravy and turkey, and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish, taking care to leave at least half an inch of room from the top edge.
- Lay crust over filling, and cut vents.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes before serving.
- It's also delicious with chicken or beef.
White Apron Blog http://whiteapronblog.com/