I love to make ice cream pies. For one thing, they’re delicious! For another thing, they always seem to impress people. For the BEST thing, they’re super easy to make. This is a variation of a common theme. I start with a homemade Oreo crust, and fill it with a secret ingredient … wait for it … ice cream! That’s it! For this version, we’ll be using peppermint ice cream.
- 32 Oreo cookies (3 cups crumbs)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 ½ quarts peppermint ice cream
- Chocolate ganache, crushed peppermints, and whipped cream for garnish
- Crush the cookies.
- Melt the butter, and then swirl it around a pie plate to grease sides and bottom.
- Don't melt butter in the pie plate unless you have time to allow it to cool completely. The crust must be thoroughly chilled before the ice cream is added.
- Mix the crumbs with the melted butter, and press into the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Chill to set.
- Soften the ice cream and stir.
- Scoop the ice cream into the crust and smooth.
- Freeze several hours.
Now for the hard part.