Peppermint ice cream pie is always a crowd pleaser, as are ice cream pies, in general. For one thing, they’re delicious! For another thing, they always seem to impress people. For the BEST thing, they’re super easy to make. This is a variation of a common theme. I start with a homemade Oreo crust, and fill it with a secret ingredient … wait for it … ice cream! That’s it! For this version, we’ll be using peppermint ice cream. It’s as simple as that.
Easy Step-By-Step Instructions for Peppermint Ice Cream Pie
Now for the hard part.
Free Printable Recipe for Peppermint Ice Cream Pie
- 32 Oreo cookies (3 cups crumbs)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 ½ quarts peppermint ice cream
- Chocolate ganache or sauce, crushed peppermints, and whipped cream for garnish
- Crush the cookies.
- Melt the butter, and then swirl it around a pie plate to grease sides and bottom.
- Don't melt butter in the pie plate unless you have time to allow it to cool completely. The crust must be thoroughly chilled before the ice cream is added.
- Mix the crumbs with the melted butter, and press into the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Chill to set.
- Soften the ice cream and stir.
- Scoop the ice cream into the crust and smooth.
- Freeze several hours.