These m&m cookies are crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. That’s my favorite cookie texture. They’re also fun treats for holidays because you can use different colored m&ms for the particular season. You and also add nuts, if you’d like, but I kept them simple with chocolate, chocolate, and chocolate.
Easy Step-By-Step Instructions for m&m Cookies
Free Printable Recipe for m&m Cookies
- ½ cup butter, softened to room temperature
- ½ cup shortening
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 bag (11 ounces) m&ms Christmas baking pieces.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder in bowl and mix.
- Cream butter, shortening, and sugars.
- Add eggs and vanilla to butter mixture, and beat until light and creamy.
- Add dry ingredients and stir just enough to combine.
- Stir in chocolate chips and Christmas m&ms.
- Roll dough into balls and bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
- 40 cookies