Chocolate and peppermint are two flavors that just work together. These cookies are tasty and festive. I recently took them to a Christmas concert refreshment table, and they were gone before many of the other cookies had even been tasted. They kind of sell themselves.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Chocolate Candy Cane Kiss Cookies
Write a review
- 3/4 cup butter
- ½ cup shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 ½ cups flour
- ¾ cups unsweetened cocoa
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 1 10 ounce bag candy cane kisses
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, cocoa, salt, and baking soda in a bowl and mix.
- Cream butter, shortening, and sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla to butter mixture, and beat until light and creamy.
- Roll dough into balls and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 3 minutes, then place a kiss in the center of each cookie.
- Remove to a wire rack, and cool.
- 40 cookies. They get stale quickly, so don't make more than you can eat in a day or two.
White Apron Blog http://whiteapronblog.com/