Chocolate and peppermint are two flavors that just work together. These cookies are tasty and festive. I recently took them to a Christmas concert refreshment table, and they were gone before many of the other cookies had even been tasted. They kind of sell themselves.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 3/4 cup butter
- ½ cup shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 ½ cups flour
- ¾ cups unsweetened cocoa
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 1 10 ounce bag candy cane kisses
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, cocoa, salt, and baking soda in a bowl and mix.
- Cream butter, shortening, and sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla to butter mixture, and beat until light and creamy.
- Roll dough into balls and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 3 minutes, then place a kiss in the center of each cookie.
- Remove to a wire rack, and cool.
- 40 cookies. They get stale quickly, so don't make more than you can eat in a day or two.