These are the best Rice Krispie squares, ever! They’re soft, chewy, and taste delicious! This recipe is MUCH better than the one on the Rice Krispie box because it calls for more butter. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the word “butter” is just “better” with a U! Butter is better!
Rice Krispie Treats
These are the BEST Rice Krispie Treat you'll ever eat!
- ½ cup butter
- 6 cups marshmallows (12 ounces)
- 7 ½ cups Rice Krispies cereal
- Melt the butter over low heat.
- Measure the cereal into a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in the marshmallows, turn the heat up to medium, and stir constantly until melted and smooth.
- Pour the marshmallow butter over the cereal and stir to combine.
- Press the mixture into a 13 x 9 inch baking pan which has been greased with butter.
- Allow to cool completely so that the marshmallows set up.
White Apron Blog http://whiteapronblog.com/
Use approximately 1 teaspoon of butter to grease a 13 x 9 inch baking pan. Reserve the remaining butter to grease your hands for pressing the mixture into the pan.
In a large mixing bowl, measure
7 ½ cups Rice Krispies cereal
Over low heat, melt
½ cup butter
6 cups miniature marshmallows
Stir constantly until completely melted.
Pour marshmallow/butter mixture over cereal.
Stir to completely coat cereal.
Dump into prepared pan.
Grease your hands with the leftover pat of butter, and use them to press the mixture into the pan.
Allow to cool completely so that the marshmallows set up. (about 1 hour)
Cut into squares, and enjoy.